A venue can make or break any event. There are a few things you have to think about when hiring a venue:
- Indoor or outdoor - When outdoors, you need to make sure there is shelter against the weather (cold and rain, but also heat or wind)
- Theme of the event - Is it more classical? Then an older building or outdoor can be great. Or industrial in an old factory. Or should it be modern? Art galleries and newer buildings will go well
- Size - How many people are there? You don't want a location that is too big, so people have the idea the event is "dead", but neither too small that everyone is cramped together.
- Catering - Some venues include in-house catering options which can be a convenience if you need that. If you arrange catering yourself then wonder what you will need. Do you hire catering equipment or do you need a kitchen on the spot?
- Entertainment - entertainment will need room and may need special requirements for their act